Zeynep started her professional experience teaching students K-12 and above through fellowships at the Juilliard School and The Aspen Music Festival. Current teaching positions include: New York Philharmonic Teaching Artist, music faculty at Lincoln Center's Audition Boot Camp, and a private teacher and strings ensemble coach at the Nord Anglia International School New York.
Through her dedicated teaching, Zeynep is committed to instilling a solid technical foundation as well as guiding the development of her students' own unique musical voice and musicianship. To book your free trial lesson, please scroll down.
- New York Philharmonic Teaching Artist (2019 - present)
- Music Faculty, Audition Boot Camp at Lincoln Center (2019 - present)
- Chamber Music Coach, Community Chamber Music Program (Stony Brook University) (2019 - present)
- Violin Faculty (Elizabeth Faidley Studio) (2019 - present)
- Master Class and Workshop Series, Bilkent University (2019)
- Private Teacher and String Ensemble Coach at the Nord Anglia International School New York (2018 - present)
- Orchestra Mentor, Undergraduate Orchestra (Stony Brook University) (2019)
- Private Teacher for the Passes and Lessons Scholarship Program (P.A.L.S.) at the Aspen Music Festival and School (2015 - 2017)
- Turkish-American Cultural Laboratory Violin Faculty and Teaching Artist (2018 - present)
- Juilliard Morse Teaching Artist Fellow (partnering with City College Academy of the Arts and Thurgood Marshall Academy Lower School)
- Mentor for the Music Advancement Program at The Juilliard School (2017 - 2019)
Pedagogy Education at The Juilliard School:
- Insights Into Learning: Edward Bilous
- Arts in Education: Thomas Cabaniss
"A unique and special experience! My daughter always looked forward to her sessions with Zeynep. She has been her mentor for the past two summers at the PALS program. Once after a lesson my daughter told me that she was surprised how much better she played the song after her session with Zeynep. I love the way Zeynep engages with my daughter and brings out the best in her."
“The masterclass I had with Zeynep Alpan was a very beneficial and insightful experience. Ms. Alpan’s advice about practicing techniques gave me a different perspective on how I can effectively improve and enhance my practice.”
"My daughter had the pleasure of taking lessons with Zeynep this past summer in the PALS program in Aspen. She loved each week when it was lesson time. This is what Addison had to say, "She always would say the area I needed to work on nicely. I loved that she gave me knew things to learn at each lesson. If I didn't understand, she would keep encouraging me until I did." This was an excellent experience!"
"Zeynep was my teacher for the PALS summer program in Aspen. Her positive attitude made my weekly lesson enjoyable. My playing improved greatly during my summer with her. She helped me become a stronger player. Watching her perform in the orchestra was inspiring."
"At Zeynep Alpan’s master class, I learned how to look at my pieces from another point of view, different techniques to practice, and how to control my bow depending on the sound I want. At our Performance Practice Workshop, I learned how to get over my stage fright and how to stay concentrated. We had a mock audition, where I had to continue to play and stay focused while the ‘jury’ was trying to distract me and make me more nervous!”
"My 8 year old daughter participated in the Aspen Music Festival PALS program last summer and was paired up with Zeynep as a violin instructor. She was an amazing teacher and great with the kids. She is so sweet and incredibly talented. We were privileged to see her perform at the music festival and it was jaw dropping. I definitely recommend Zeynep to anyone looking for violin instruction."